Monday, December 21, 2020

December 19 A delightful four hours ...

Saturday:  Today is a BIG day! We are opening presents with Emma, CHRISTOPHER, MATTHEW, and Kaity. WHY have I capitalized Chris and Matt's names? Well ... it has been a very long time since they have been to my little house; in fact, it has been over a year since all four children have been here together. I am in high anticipation ... mixed with a little bit of anxiety ... but hopeful nonetheless.

I baked some double-chocolate fudge cake cookies (the 3-ingredient kind), made fruit dip, cut up fruit, made a big batch of French toast and was ready to pick everyone up at the designated 4:00 hour.
Everyone was ready when I came to pick them up: Emma lives at a separate location, but everyone came together at my house. Happiness!
Matey was in on all of the action.
Emma ... I love it when she plays my piano.


Kaity opened up her much anticipated "Glitter Girls" car for her Trinity doll ...



Matt opened his video game (I forget the name) and cash ...

Emma opened her beautiful rose-gold cross necklace, journal, and lockable safe. And Chris received cash (not pictured).



Chris kept a close watch on Matey, since Chris is not overly fond of winged-creatures flying close to his face and landing on his head, etc.


Kaity REALLY liked the car ...



And even I got a present! Emma ordered this for me ...
This is the Royal Albert "Old Country Roses" pattern of china that I grew up with. My mom had every single item, but somehow I ended up with not one piece of it and always regretted it. I thought just a cup and saucer would be such a nice reminder of my childhood ... I think it is one reason that my favorite color is red, especially combined with gold. THANK YOU, EMMA!!!!
After our presents were opened and we had eaten our dinner, we sat down to play some games. Since the boys had never played "Liar, Liar" Emma taught them and we all sat down and played two games of it. It was SO MUCH FUN.
I love these pictures of Christopher ...

 

We also played several hands of UNO with rules that I never knew existed. Kaity-Girl did very well at all of our games. It's very nice that she is old enough to play games with all of us.

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday evening. It was fully 9:00 before we were ready to head back to their house. I think the boys would have been willing to stay longer, but Kaity-Girl was tired and wanted to get going. I let the boys know that they are ALWAYS invited to join us any Saturday night ... I sure hope it doesn't take another year for them to come! Please Lord.

No comments: