Saturday, December 26, 2020

December 23 with Kaitlynn

Wednesday:  I picked Kaity up today at about 3:00--which is unusual, because I don't usually have any grandchildren on Wednesdays--it is my day off! BUT ... this is Christmas week and there has been a lot going on over at Jesse's house with trying to get Emma's room finished--and Jesse was pretty tired. Since Thursday is USUALLY my afternoon with Kaity and since tomorrow is Thursday, which is also Christmas Eve--we decided this afternoon would be better than tomorrow afternoon.

Kaity came hoisting an entire backpack of "stuff" to do at my house. She brought Trinity today, who has her very OWN backpack. Kaity had filled it with school supplies, just the right size for Trinity to use.
Kaity loves to play school. This is good! I remember when Emma loved doing this as well. It gave me hope that even though some children struggle with reading, they still love to learn ... and they love to share what they are learning with others. Kaity is a very faithful "teacher" to her dolls. "Liam" was here for school today too.

Everyone worked very hard at their school lessons today. Matey-Bird watched as Kaity drew a clock. Kaity is in the second grade, and presently is learning to tell time with a traditional (versus digital) clock. She is doing a good job learning this skill.
On my list today was to mix up a batch of mini M&M cookie dough to be baked Christmas Eve morning. Kaity helped me mix in the mini M&M's ...


We also watched 3/4 of "Home Alone 2" because we were both tired. We took little "breaks" during the movie to play UNO. I picked up a card holder for Kaity the other day. She was so pleased to be able to hold all of her cards without them dropping all over the place.
Kaity won all three games of UNO today! Our last game lasted FORTY MINUTES!!!! I told Kaity we were going to be up ALL NIGHT playing this game, so I finally set a 5 minute timer. I told Kaity that whoever had the fewest cards when the timer went off would be the winner. 23 seconds before the time was up, Kaity won the game. She was very thrilled. Kaity likes to win. Thankfully, I could care less who wins--I just like to be with Kaity, listen to her talk, laugh with her, and enjoy her company. I love you very much, Kaity!

No comments: