Monday, December 21, 2020

December 18 Painting Emma's room

Friday:  As I dropped the girls back to their house last night, their dad invited me to come and help paint Emma's room the next day. My first thought was ... "No way, Jose'!" I was pretty exhausted and had really gone nonstop since 6:30 AM Tuesday morning ... 

But I had always told Emma that I would help her paint her room--this is when she had first moved back to Grand Rapids all those years ago now. Their family circumstance has now radically changed due to the divorce, but now Emma is going to have a brand new room to move into ... how could I pass up the opportunity to help her paint it?
Since Harper lives right next door, she bounded (literally) over to help us paint too. I was less than enthused about having Harper "help" us because I already had a splitting headache. But ... the Lord helped me to be kind for the hour Harper was loudly "helping" us and then her dad showed up and told her she had to go back to her house--my heart rejoiced--NOT because I don't enjoy Harper (I DO!), but because I was simply too tired for little children.

Although I don't have any pictures of our finished product, the painting went smoothly and we got the job done. Yay, and thank you, Lord! I did snap a picture of Jesse's Christmas tree ... see the train that goes around it? Well ... the train doesn't actually GO around yet ... Jesse's working on that. He's good at making things work!

 This house is an answer to prayer that many people prayed for Jesse. Thank you, Lord, for Scott and Megan's generosity in purchasing the house for Jesse to rent. Thank You, too, for Larry's building and renovating and continued watchcare and encouragement, and sometimes "bossing around" that he does with Jesse. Larry is the father that Jesse never had. Please, Lord, bring Larry to the place where he will bow before You and surrender his life to Your love and salvation.

No comments: