Monday, December 28, 2020

December 26 The wedding

Saturday:  When I picked Kaity up from Jesse today, she announced: "This is the wedding day, Grandma!" I was completely in the dark as to what she meant, so I of course asked--"Who is getting married, Kaity?"

Kaity rolled her eyes at me and said: "Paco and Lily, Grandma! THIS is their wedding day!" Oh my. Well ... what on earth is a grandma to do with a precious granddaughter who loves to pretend with her dolls? I'll tell you what THIS grandma did ... I staged a wedding as best as I could. Here are the pictures to prove it.

We first needed a place to hold the ceremony. Kaity suggested our lovely coffee-table. I quickly grabbed my Christmas table runner to define the aisle where our bride would walk ...

Kaity gathered "guests" for the wedding. I helped! Afterall, we nearly forgot Cocoa (our cat puppet), who has been best friends with Paco for YEARS.

I grabbed a pipe cleaner and fashioned a quick bow-tie for our groom ...
Kaity announced that Liam would be the "flower boy" but ... where would we find flowers?! Ah! My bin of art stuff in my art cupboard had some very old "sticky" flowers from about 10 years ago that were no longer sticky. I grabbed one of my cute tiny buckets from the playroom and arranged the flowers for Liam to scatter down the aisle.
Here is our barefoot bride, Lily, dressed in her new dress--she is waiting to come down the aisle ... BUT FIRST--the flower boy! This next series of pictures is Kaity trying to get the blasted flowers OUT of the little bucket while holding Liam at the same time ... it was rather reminiscent of how the flower-thing usually works at actual weddings--hilariously! 

Finally, Kaity just turned the bucket over and dumped all the flowers out at once. Look at her dear face--isn't she precious?

Paco is waiting at the front of the aisle for his lovely bride. Matey evidently thinks he is the pastor, with his beak in the Bible ...
"HERE COMES THE BRIDE" ... we even had the music playing on my computer as Lily walked down the aisle ...
We had a little ceremony, promises were made, the wedding kiss happened, and then they were pronounced husband and wife--I couldn't really pronounce them MAN and wife ...
Here is the happy couple (look at Paco's face!!!) ...
Kaity wanted to know what happened after the wedding ... so I told her that people usually hang out together for awhile after the wedding and then the bride and groom go off to their honeymoon. Thankfully, Kaity never requested a wedding cake, although it would have been fun to act that out!
We took Paco and Lily to my room and pronounced my comfy round chair to be the "honeymoon suite." We closed the door and left the couple to themselves. Kaity and I then played a rousing game of UNO, ate a bunch of junk food, played hide 'n seek for awhile ... and then Kaity went back to Jesse!

No comments: