Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December 29 The last Tuesday of 2020

Tuesday:  As I thought of having the children here today, I wondered just what exactly to get off the shelves for them to play with. I store the garage/car wash way up high on one of the playroom shelves--that way it can't be played with way back there where there is no supervision ... it's a little bit fragile in its structure--if someone inadvertaintly stepped on it or sat on it (Erin), or walked on it (Brendan), it would break into many pieces. I wasn't going to get it down today, but then I remembered how much Aidan loves it. He got his very own car wash (toy) for Christmas--the one made by Melissa and Doug--which is VERY sturdy and portable. I would have ordered that very one--except it was out of stock at the time.

I set it up on my coffee table this morning and affixed it with painters tape, making little roads and avenues for the cars ... plus, the tape extended around to the wicker on the coffee table, keeping the glass top in place. All of the children played throughout the day with this little set-up, so it was well received.
Aidan loves to play back in the playroom by himself. He uses the little Hot Wheels mat to pretend all kinds of scenarios with rescue vehicles, airplanes, race cars, etc.
Matey flew by and landed ON Aidan's back. Erin was so pleased about this! She was using her magnifying glass to take a closer look, but Aidan wiggled Matey off just as quick as a wink.


Erin has a rather BOLD habit of climbing on top of my wooden table to visit with Matey ...
Erin is a born climber--heights do not inhibit her whatsoever. Here she is telling Aidan something--she is quite verbal for her 2.5 years. I love to listen to her talk. She has the cutest little voice.

Aidan has NEVER failed to get the trains out, no matter what else is being played with around here. He is a TRUE train lover to the core.
Aidan is rather bossy about the layout, the engines, the bridges, etc. He doesn't take kindly to anyone messing around with "his" train stuff. I have to keep reminding him that they are "grandma's" and that he can share and that sharing is SO MUCH FUN.
Dear Erin was HUNG-ary and ate some Chocolate Frosted Flakes while watching Aidan add to his layout. Aidan was super glad Erin was out of the way. I tried to entice him to eat some cereal too, but he was not at all interested.


I got out my foam alphabet letters/numbers and put a few by each child's place around the table. Erin received the letter "E" and the #2. I also gave them their alphabet robot to play with while they were waiting for food to be made and served. This was later in the day, and the first time Aidan was at all interested in eating anything.
Aidan had his "A" robot along with his foam "A" and alligator and the #3 to play with.

We played for a very long time with the MagnaTiles this afternoon. Aidan wanted help with his engine and requested that I design a "cow catcher" on his. I asked Brendan several times to clarify what exactly that was. Both boys kept telling me it was just like the one on the Polar Express. FINALLY, Brendan made this triangle contraption and put it on Aidan's engine. Wow. Good job, Brendan. You are an amazing builder! I would never have thought of this in a million. Aidan was very pleased ... except MagnaTiles do not stay together with rough play ... so Aidan had to rebuild his engine about a billion times.

I see that I do not have ANY pictures of Brendan from today. That is regretable! At Brendan's request, we did watch "The Peanuts Movie" this afternoon. It is such a cute story, and all of the kiddos enjoy it so much. I was thankful for the "break" and rounded up loose toys while we watched it together. It was a good day--a lot of activity--and this grandma is one tired lady tonight--it's a GOOD tired, though.

No comments: