Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The choir dinner theatre ...

Friday night was Emma's choir concert/fund raiser/dinner theatre. Remember the story about Emma's courage? Well, this was the night of the performance of the song that Emma strongly believed she should NOT sing. Once she told me of her dilemma, we talked about it for quite awhile. I was so thankful that God had spoken to her heart about this. I cautioned her, though, that it was one thing to refuse to sing the song, "Imagine," and it was another completely different matter to display kindness along with her courage. She totally understood and did such a nice job with her behavior.
 So proud of this dear granddaughter! The theme of the dinner theatre was kind of a flashback to top 40 music of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's so there was quite a variety of music being performed, much of it even from when I was a young girl!
I had a good seat and was able to see everything perfectly. The only down side was that I could not sit with Emma when she was NOT performing. It was okay though. I was just glad to be there, to smile at her, to give her support, to love her, and to tell her how proud I am of her.

No comments: