Friday, August 31, 2018

A few hours with the Saturday gang ...

Saturday, August 24:  Still re-cooping from my mini-vacation with Emma, I invited the Saturday crew over. We had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and just hung out at the house for a few hours. Kaity and I built igloo houses for our pig family for a little while ...
 The boys played a few games of Chess, and were pretty evenly matched I think. I'm not sure WHY games have to be so ... competitive ... and it seems as if both the victor and the defeated are equally "bad" at the role they play! But I suppose this is a continuing life lesson ... how to be a humble winner and a respectable loser at a game, grow relationships, and build good things into each others' lives. It's a challenge!

 We continued our Bible lessons on the Kings and Prophets this week and talked about David returning Saul's captured spear to him, as well as King Saul's episode with the witch of Endor and how that played out for him. These are wonderfully rich Bible stories that tell us a lot about ourselves, even 3,000 years later! 

It is the following Friday as I "journal" this and I seriously cannot remember anything else that happened! I remember it being very hot, humid and rainy which prevented outdoor stuff ...
I DO remember, though, thinking how nice it was to have the kiddos here and that we had a nice time together. Emma was with us too, but not at all wanting her picture taken. I took note of that and complied!

No comments: