Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Kaity at the Gardens

Saturday, August 4:  An unusual Saturday happened in my life this week. I only had Kaity for the afternoon! Wow. It's been a long time since I had a one-on-one with my Kaity-Girl. It was a super hot day, so I felt a little limited in what we could do outside ...
 Our first hour or so, we just played inside. Kaity reminded me that we had not played with our horses "in ages, Grandma!"  So we played with Nico, Luna and Dusty for quite awhile, and then we added our camping set to the mix. We made a little lake out of my baby blanket and everyone had a good time swimming and camping out together.
 Look at Kaity's dear little face ... But THEN Paco got into the action and started being a little over-enthused about being a monster pig. I had to think fast BEFORE Kaity got completely into destructive mode. 
 So I said to her, "How about if we go and play with some little toy boats over at Meijer Gardens?"  I told her about taking Brendan and Aidan this week, and she seemed very ready to go!
 I'm so glad we did this! We arrived at ten minute to four (the Gardens close at 5:00, quite promptly) ...
 ... and Kaity blew through everything possible to do at the Children's Garden in just about 45 minutes time. I could barely keep up with her!
 We did have fun though!
 Kaity! You are something else, dear granddaughter.
 Her facial expressions kill me ...


 Kaity really enjoyed the boats, but could have cared less about the model of the Great Lakes.


 That's OK, Kaity-Girl. I'm glad you had fun here.














 We played down the pathways for awhile ...


 And we found a whole bunch of interesting stuff to look at along the way ... 2 seconds at a time, that is.




 This is such a great place for children. I just love it here.


 We spent some time in the Log House. We attempted a game of Checkers ... we didn't finish it, but it was a good start anyway.
 Kaity tested out some antique toys ...
 And she did a little bit of clean up.









We ended our time in the Gift Shop, but Kaity wanted every little thing she set her eyes upon--thankfully, it was 5:00 by then and everything was closing up! It sure was nice to be with you today, Kaity!

No comments: