Monday, August 27, 2018

Mini-Vacation: Random Pics from Day 1

Tuesday, August 21:  Later in the evening ... before I forget--Emma and I went looking for a place to eat dinner Tuesday evening. We walked from our hotel across the street to a place called The Lighthouse. I had seen it on-line last week and it boasted "affordable seafood dinners." Affordable-my-eye! It was crazy expensive just for a fish dinner--somewhere in the range of $24 (we asked to see a menu before being seated). We talked to the lady who worked there and she said that we could just continue to walk down the street and check other prices, but that we were welcomed to return. We later found out that she was priced just about equal to everyone else (if you wanted a fish and chip dinner, that is). We finally ended up eating at Keystone Bar and Grill. We each ate seafood. I ordered the shrimp and Emma ordered the fish and we shared each shared some with the other. It worked out fine ... but it was a little expensive ... but this was a special occasion ... the entire trip was a very special occasion!

After dinner--except I think I am mixed up about the timing of these next pictures ... it was sometime Tuesday evening--whether before or after dinner I do not remember. But aren't they pretty? Didn't God paint a beautiful place? The straits of Mackinac are majestically beautiful I think.

I pulled over at another park (name of which I neglected to document) and we took a little walk on the stoney beach ... beautiful ... stunning ... I was ecstatic the entire time ... 
 This is the Lake Michigann side of the straits. I am VERY partial to Lake Michigan!

 Emma and I kind of walked opposite directions. It was VERY chilly outside ... and the WIND was crazy.
 Emma collected some rocks. I'm so glad she did--it's the very thing that makes exploring so satisfying!









Afterwards, we went back to our hotel, changed into our suits and checked out the pool and hot tub. It was so relaxing. I think we went to bed just after 10:00. I was exhausted from the long drive. Emma was tired from getting up so early that morning ... and our next day was going to be a BIG day!

No comments: