Friday, August 31, 2018

AJ's with Brendan

Thursday, August 30:  One-on-one's with Brendan are something I am very reluctant to let go of. Hopefully, I will NEVER have to! I love being with this child so much. He is a delightful little soul. It was a perfect weather day, so I decided to take Brendan over to AJ's. Kelly hooked me up with a thing called Groupon (amazing), so the entire 2.5 hour visit was $18 instead of $30. Thank you, Kelly!
We played mini-golf and had a riot. Brendan continuously called his golf club a hockey stick, and he wasn't terribly interested in playing by the rules. He had more fun chasing down his ball out of the most unusual places. He used his foot a lot, and his hands came in "handy" too when the ball just would not do what he wanted it to! We had so much fun. This is a very nice mini-golf course, by the way. 
 The new PGA champ!

 We played for quite awhile in the arcade, having the most fun with air hockey and Pacman but then it was time to race! We raced twice in a two-person vehicle with me putting my foot to the floor the whole way and Brendan telling me I was going VERY fast ...
 Brendan drove his own go-kart too ... super serious he was about the whole thing ...
 We also did the bumper boats. Brendan manned the squirt gun, and I steered the boat rather badly. I did give Brendan the opportunity to drive, but he was far more interested in seeing how far he could squirt that water.
 With our "tickets" Brendan picked out this Spitfire mini airplane. He was so cute putting it all together. It flew pretty nicely too ... we did, however, lose the prop in my car on the way home ... but that was OK!
I loved our time together so much today, Brendan! 

No comments: