Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Our Wonderful Beach Day ...

Wednesday, August 8:  Finally! A perfect day for the beach. Clear skies. No rain! Not super hot, low humidity, and the water in the upper 70's. 
Kaity-Girl was downright ecstatic about the entire time. She flew around that beach like she owned it.
She is such a dear little soul ...
I don't think her smile faded even once during the entire day.

The older three went out deeper in the lake--although swimming at Muskegon (Pere Marquette Park) is much different than swimming at Grand Haven. I prefer Muskegon by far. The water!! It is SO CLEAR! And the depths stay shallow for the longest way out!
Thankfully, the waves were NOT high, the flags were GREEN, and all was well.

The kids swam for quite a long time. They tossed a football around for awhile out there too.

Kaity and I stayed closer in towards the shore. I had tripped (yikes ... such a klutz) in the parking lot and wounded the palm of my left hand (which I could not get to stop bleeding), my right knee was all skinned up too, as well as a small area on my elbow. I will say, however, it was a legitimate trip and fall over rough ground--it's not like I tripped over a pencil laying on the floor (although I've been known to do that). Anyway, my skin was stinging in multiple places and I didn't want to get sand in my wounds--which crimped my style quite a bit at the beach. I did swim with Kaity--but she is much shorter than I am and did not like venturing in past her waist--which was fine--but her waist is MY knees.
Chris and Matt did really well, and all three of the older kids hung out together. I let them wander, as long as they were not in the water. They walked the shoreline for awhile and then laid down to get some rest and "tan."




We went "cheap" on dinner (after eating a host of snacks on the beach) and ate at Mickey D's. But when it was time for ice cream, we drove down to Grand Haven and got it at Temptations.
The location is right near the marina (one of my favorite places), so I did a bit of walking while the kiddos at their ice cream.
A nice old wooden boat ...
Aren't these cool porch chairs? I might have to purchase one of these!

We did a little bit of walking at Grand Haven but we were tired from all of our swimming and "beaching" ... so we did not hike down to the end of the pier to my dear lighthouse ...



This might possibly be the first time I've ever been in Grand Haven and not hiked the pier ... it's OK, though! It was wonderful to be with these guys. They did very well and I was super happy to be with them.

No comments: