Thursday, August 16, 2018

Our evening in Grand Haven

Wednesday Evening, August 15:  There is so much history for me at this place on my globe ... it is my place of comfort and refuge ... I never ever get tired of it. The lighthouse here is my absolute favorite, no rivals. I don't think it is because of its stunning beauty ... I think it is the memories.
 It's super delightful to bring my grandchildren here. I brought my little boys 30 years ago and we enjoyed many wonderful beach days ... but life was more tense for me then ... and much sadder. 
Above is Kaity, on the boardwalk, approaching the pier ... she is a darling little one, isn't she? She walks this place as if she OWNS it. I like that. 

 I quite literally have thousands of pictures of this very place ... but I keep snapping more ... I can't help myself.

 We met a little "puppy" (14 months) and its kind owner at the fence (see the sign?) ... and she shared her darling pooch with the girls. They love animals of every kind and animals love them right back.


 I decided to try to get a group shot right here ...







 I like how these turned out!

 We crossed the channel over to Ferrysburg ... because ... a trip to Grand Haven doesn't seem complete without these views!

 I love it here so much ...

















 Dear Kaity ... you are ... precious beyond words.



 Emma! I love your hat!!! Beautiful ... such a treasure to me.






Not many words tonight ... pictures say it all!

No comments: