Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Mini-Vacation: Silly Seagulls!

 Tuesday, August 22:  Evening.  Still feeling a tiny bit sad about our flat tire and having to miss out on seeing Dark Sky, we wandered to the back of our hotel (where on-line they boasted beachfront property ... never mentioning that the beachfront is in-between two large docks and there is maybe 18" of sand before you hit the water) to see what we could see. Hmm ... not much!
 Emma and I took a cup-full of carmel corn outside with us to watch the sunset (except we were on the wrong side of the hotel to see a sunset) ... we found a very TINY beachfront, and a not-so-pretty view. Sigh. Well ... at least there were seagulls!
 Evidently, someone has been feeding these creatures ... because they sure were BOLD. We had no intention, whatsoever, of feeding them our carmel corn--not to be selfish or anything, but we are not morons ... popcorn is not good for seagulls' tummies! I completely accidently dropped a small piece out of my cup right next to my leg. Oh my word! I could not believe HOW CLOSE these birds came to my leg to retrieve that piece of popcorn ... they would stop just short of getting it in their beaks and then back off (did I mention that Emma was chasing them at the same time?).
 Anyway, it made for a small and amusing diversion to my disappointment about having to change our plans ... and we still did not know if our tire could even be fixed! But, you see, it all turned out just fine in the end.
Silly seagulls!

No comments: