Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Erin's Dedication

Sunday, August 5:  This was Erin's first day in church! In Orthodox tradition, the mother's go through the 40 days of purification before they bring their newborns to be dedicated.
This was THE Sunday for "the churching" as it is called in Orthodox churches. I got to attend the big event and I was so thankful to be there. Look at our glowing Kelly.
 I nominate her for Mother of the Year (at least) ...





Aren't these great photos? Aidan was his usual little loving self ... Brendan carried on like the dear boy he is, and I think Dylan and Kelly were very proud parents. Good. The other day Brendan was telling me, "People can keep having babies, Grandma. They just keep having them!" He told me this with an incredulous expression on his face! Yes, indeed ... people CAN keep having babies. I am thankful for these dear grand-babies. 



No comments: