Thursday, August 9, 2018

Fun, Fun, Fun

Thursday, August 9:  It was Goldfish day today! Swimming lessons for Brendan begin at 9:30. We got there a little bit early and Brendan had a very good lesson. His teacher told me his back stroke is excellent. She said he still needs work when he is on his belly to stretch his arms up and out when he does his strokes.
 After Brendan's lesson was over, I let them play for a little while with all of the cool toys at Goldfish. We picked up and put them away when we were finished.
 But the boys had a fun 20 minutes playing with the other children, and with each other!
 We drove down the road a bit from Goldfish over to a playground that I hadn't been to in YEARS. Cascade Township Park. Everything was updated--beautiful equipment for children to monkey around on. I am going to have to take Kaity here! She would love it.

 Brendan LOVES playgrounds. He was really into this one today.
 I love to watch Brendan climb. He is very scientific about it. He is not afraid and he is so proud when he has accomplished a task. Look at his happy smile!

Aidan had fun here too! I even got him to slide down a few smaller slides all by himself!

This was a very unique swing! Brendan pretended he was journeying to another planet, all the while fighting off an evil empire ... 

 We played for an entire hour at the park, but then it was time for lunch. Aidan knocked off as soon as we pulled out of the playground ... he was SO tired.
 We ate at Culver's (my favorite). Their ice cream is AMAZING.
 I was told that Aidan enjoyed his fries with MUSTARD ... so we tried this today and BINGO ... it was exactly what he wanted! Brendan dipped his fries in mustard too! 
After lunch, we drove over to E. Grand Rapids to Sailing Camp for Brendan. This little munchkin gave me a few of his "looks" while we were hanging out there ... I think this expression says: "Hi. My name is Winston. Let me tell you a few things that I know about the world." He just owns that name! 

 Here is Brendan on one of the sailboats used for instruction. Look at the happy faces of these kiddos!


I'm very thankful Brendan has all of these opportunities for learning and experiencing life! It is so good for him! It was such a fun time with these guys today!

No comments: