Sunday, August 19, 2018

Yummy donuts!

Saturday Morning, August 18:  So ... Friday night was a sleepover for Brendan and I. We came home from the lake, had some cookies and milk, read a bunch of fun books, and then got tucked in for the night via watching "Winnie the Pooh's Great Adventure." It was fully 11:30 before Brendan was anywhere NEAR sleeping ...

However, he slept the whole night through and I woke him at 9:00 in the morning so that we could get our morning started! Nothing huge was planned. We ate a quiet breakfast at the Beach House, I did some cleaning up, Brendan played, we edited pictures, and soon it was time to go to ...
KRISPY KREME DONUTS!  I know ... we had already eaten breakfast ... but Brendan had mentioned last week how much he loves to see the donuts made here. We didn't have time last week to stop in and actually watch. Baby Aidan was with us, and he cannot have Krispy Kreme donuts. I thought it would be too mean to eat delicious donuts in front of that dear baby. So I made a mental note to come just with Brendan. 
 Brendan's favorite donut (no matter which place we go) is chocolate covered with sprinkles ...
 We ordered our donuts (yes, I ate a cream-filled chocolate covered donut ... all 350 calories of it), and then Brendan picked out a table for us.
 He put on his special hat ...
 He looks a bit dubious about it in the picture below ...

 But he was entirely "upside-down" about the whole experience ...

Brendan! You make my heart sing, dearest little fellow.




What a gift it is--to be a grandma! I GET to love on children and I don't HAVE to parent them (exactly) ... just a little bit when they are with me ... my heart is very full of their love.

No comments: