Friday, August 31, 2018

August is almost over ...

Monday, August 27:  It's the LAST week of August!!! Brendan returns to Trinitas next week as a full-time FIRST grader in a First/Second split ... so this will be my last Monday, for a little while, to have both boys. Sigh.  It was rainy this morning, so we drove to the E. GR Library for some playtime.
 It seems like MULTITUDES of caregivers had the same destination in mind because ... it was difficult to play with that many children all in close quarters ... sharing was super difficult!
Aidan, a natural enthusiast, was up for the entire thing ... he was so pleased to be there playing with big kids. He wandered around and entered into any and everything that he possibly could interact with--he's a highly social person. 



 Brendan, however, felt the frustration of too many kiddos keenly. It wasn't much fun to play at a small train table with a dozen other children (all conveniently cropped out of my photo).
 We migrated around the library and did find stuff to do that Brendan could do in a more solitary fashion ...
But then we decided to just play at my 110 degree, hot and humid house instead! Which was just fine.

Aidan fell asleep on the way home, so we opened all the windows in the car and let our baby nap for a little while--I parked the car so that I could peek in at him from inside the house. You know what cracked me up (and I should have taken a picture)? When Aidan DID wake up, he grabbed one of his favorite books, crossed his chubby legs and quietly looked at it. When I peeked to check on if he was awake or not, this was what I found. Darling little cutie.
 I brought him in, changed him, and plopped him in his little eating chair. I had made some gluten-free, garlicky pasta for him to eat. He did fairly well with it (he enjoys playing with it more than eating it however).  PLUS, he is a little "ham" and will pose for me whenever the camera points his direction.
 Isn't he the cutest little child?!?!
 Afterwards, we played some peek-a-boo with my swivel chair ...

 ... and just hung out for a little while. Brendan did request to see a "Buddie" movie, so we did watch a little bit about those five golden retriever puppies--a cute story for Brendan. I wish I could get him a dog!
AH--I'm not in charge of that whatsoever, and I fully understand Dylan's hesitancy (he wasn't raised with animals!) ... but still!

No comments: