Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Paradise Again ...

Sunday, August 5:  I arrived at Pere Marquette Park just after 2:00 in the afternoon. It was a Red Flag day, 3-5 foot waves, and people were loving it. I took most of the people OUT of my pictures but believe me, there was a whole host of UNAFRAID folk going out in those waves.
I love huge waves. I love to swim in them. I love to dive through them. I love to get caught in them. But something about THIS day had me very cautious ... 
 I'm just going to post a few shots ... very familiar territory to me ... I have 100's of better pictures with more interesting clouds, etc.










 I drove a mile or so south of Pere Marquette to Kruse Park. I've only been here once before and I was curious to see how high up the dunes a person could legally climb ... so I went to the tippy-top (naturally), and took a bunch of photos from up there.

 I did find a spot WAY down the beach, south of this spot, where I attempted to swim. However, I did not get past my knees. The current was stronger than I have ever felt IN MY LIFE and it was terrifying. Sadly, two people lost their lives in Grand Haven this afternoon and many more were rescued by human chains, risking their own necks to save these folk. I'm glad I didn't stay in the water. Thank you, Lord, for the very strong nudges You gave me to go back to the shore.
Sadly, most of my Kruse Park photos have been forever lost. I'll tell you about it later ... that happened another day. Today, however, was a perfect day. I had the opportunity to spend the night at Gail's beach house and kind of "house-sit" while she was gone. I stayed up late and read a novel. I woke up early the next morning to the sound of RAIN. And that was just the beginning of my "misadventure ..."

No comments: