Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas comes to The Beach House

Wednesday, November 28:  I spent a few hours on Tuesday decorating my little house. I remember last year when I decorated, Brendan came over soon after and announced, "Christmas came to your house too?!" Yes! Yes, it did and it does! I love Christmas. The Beach House is a smaller house than most, so I don't overdo the decorations ... just a few things here and there to amuse the children and hopefully focus on Jesus.
 This is a new tree this year. My other one (still in the shed and up for grabs) is not a pre-lit tree and it takes a lot for me to light it and set it up. This one, IS pre-lit, it's a little bit taller than the prior tree, and it is narrower and so takes up less space. However, because of its height, I had to switch where I usually set it up! I had to jostle some furniture around, but everything worked out just fine.
 Brendan came over, as usual, today. He saw my FP Nativity and declared that his mama had gotten him one and it was almost exactly like this one, but with a few differences! I'm so glad Brendan and Aidan and Erin have this set! It's so much fun for the children to act out the entire story of Christmas. Brendan was excited to show me the one he has when I took him home later. They keep theirs on their fireplace, which is exactly where I would put MINE, if I HAD a fireplace.
 Right away, Brendan looked for my Advent Calendar! It's not usually hung on this wall! But I directed him over to it, and he busily played with it and set the whole thing up. I love the way he plays.

 I love this picture of you, Brendan! In just three months, you will be SEVEN. Time is so so fast.



 Brendan and I played with a bunch of different stuff tonight and truly enjoyed welcoming Christmas into my house. 
This is one of the photo ornaments of Brendan on my tree. I love this picture of him.

No comments: