Friday, November 30, 2018

Christopher is FIFTEEN

Thursday, November 29:  FIFTEEN years ago (already?!) Chris was born. He has really grown a lot this year. I remember about six weeks ago when he had gotten into the front seat of my car, that he had grown practically into a man, and it seemed like over night! His voice has changed, and it's kind of ... hard to describe how I feel about it (not that it matters) ... but it just seems odd to have him SO grown up.
Understandably, Chris doesn't come over as much as he used to do. He has a very good friend that he hangs pretty closely with, especially on weekends. I don't have a television (my choice), nor do I have a video game system (also my choice), and I don't really seek to entertain the kiddos while they are here. We just kind of hang out, eat a meal, play some games, etc. It's not really very exciting. It is a little more interesting when we can go outside in the woods and explore (like the picture below). 
Chris is really into sports. He played freshman football this year and he is also playing JV basketball. In the spring, he will once again play Lacrosse. All of that keeps him pretty tied up between practices and games. I'm glad he enjoys athletics. It's good for anyone to be a part of a community/team and work together. 

As always, I pray that God will have His way in Chris's life and heart. I've been asking the Lord to give Chris the kind of faith that changes his life from the inside out--to make his heart receive God's Word and produce fruit that will be ever-lasting, life-changing, and pleasing to God in every way. I love you, dear grandson. 

No comments: