Sunday, November 18, 2018

Girls only!

Saturday, November 17:  So it was a girls only day at my house today. The boys were invited to a trampoline place with their friend, Tyler, so that's what they decided to do. I don't blame them one bit! I would have chosen that too! But the girls came over without their brothers. We just basically hung out and did indoor stuff.
 These alphabet foam squares can be used for lots of things. Kaity and I had played with them Thursday when she was here, but then I decided to show her how you can build stuff (basic) out of them too. She liked it very much. We decided to built two houses for some of our smaller stuffed animals. It was a lot of fun.
 Kaity! You kill me, sweetie. I love you so.
 We got the houses set up and Kaity did a bunch of stuff with "feeding" the animals, having visits between the two houses, and generally amused herself for quite awhile.
 A little later, we got out a ton of art stuff. Earlier in the week, I had found two little books Emma had made when she was 8 or 9 (in Texas). I grabbed those out of my art box and showed them to Emma. She had a lot of fun looking at them and remembering the stories she wrote. We laughed SO hard.
 Emma really enjoys my piano. I'm so glad. I wish she could take lessons. She has perfect hands/fingers for almost any instrument. She told me today that listening to me play Fur Elise (and I play it badly) was when she decided she loved the sound of piano. Emma listens to music constantly. She has a bunch of favorites on youtube that she listens to. She has very good taste in music too.
 Kaity did some tracings and rubbings and a few drawings ....
 And then Kaity made music on my piano too. Kaity likes all the different sounds this piano can imitate. Emma was helping her set up some stops, and then Kaity did a little recording of a very random song (but it was pretty!).
 Kaity looks like a "natural" playing this instrument, just like Emma. It must be because she has beautiful hands and fingers like her sister.
 Doesn't it look like Kaity has had lessons and can actually play? I wish that were true! I took lessons from the time I was 10 until I was 15--and then I also took a year of piano my freshman year in college.
We enjoyed some hot cocoa and cookies later in the evening, before returning the girls home. I am thankful for grandchildren, girls AND boys ... seven is truly a blessing.

No comments: