Sunday, November 11, 2018

Little Miss Ireland

Friday night, November 9:  Dylan and Kelly were out at the symphony tonight, so I was asked to take care of baby Erin. I haven't spent much 1-on-1 with this dear baby yet ... so I wasn't sure how exactly things would go.
 "Erin" means IRELAND! Isn't that cool? Brendan and Aidan were already in bed when I arrived and never even knew their grandma was right in their house the whole time their parents were out. It was probably for the best, although it always feels weird to be in their house but not connect with those two. Erin was sleeping when I arrived too, but she woke up about 20 minutes after her folks left.
 They told me that evenings were her fussy time. ALL babies have a fussy time, and it IS usually in the evening. This baby girl did not prove her parents wrong in any way! Afterall, who would want to make a liar out of your very nice parents?
 Actually, though, our first 15 minutes went very well. !! We talked a little bit and I got some very wide and happy smiles from her. But THEN ... the fussies came. SO we walked, we sang, we listened to music, we read a Flossie book, we listened to the water faucet out in the kitchen, we danced, etc.
 As long as I was standing and moving about, Erin was not hysterical or anything--AND in her defense, she was a little bit gassy. These pictures are mostly taken right after a diaper change when she and I would have little chats together.
 The lights were dim in the room, so I had to use a flash which kind of stuns her a bit--hence, the shocked look on some of these photographs.

 Overall, I think our almost four hours went ... OK. I don't think Erin will have terrible nightmares about her grandma! AND I don't think she will hold it against me that I can only bottle feed her.
Erin was super glad to see her mom and dad come home and gave them each a big smile. Whew. I was glad to see it and to know everything would be OK. I love you, sweet Erin.

No comments: