Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Veteran's Day Parade

Saturday morning, November 10:  Today was the Veteran's Day parade. TOMORROW is actually Veteran's DAY, but tomorrow is a Sunday; so the parade was held this morning.
 Jesse told me that the parade is ALWAYS held on the actual November 11 date UNLESS it is a Sunday. If it occurs during a weekday, they hold the parade at 7PM. Perhaps that's why this is the first Vet parade I have attended since Jesse has returned "home" in 2012. I was very glad to attend THIS one!

 Veteran's Park has been given a face lift in the last year. The park now has an oval reflective pool (pictured way down below), and they've cleaned up the place so that it looks more respectible.



 Jesse does a lot of work for the veterans here in town. For his local chapter, he was actually the photographer today. He was not in uniform because it no longer fits, and he was not marching anyway.
 Emma was there too! She took some videos on her phone. It was nice to be down there with her and enjoy the parade together.


 There were many high school bands playing the different corps songs. They all did an amazing job. It was COLD out there.

 Here are the BLUE STAR MOMS. I am considered a blue star mom because my son came HOME from his deployment ALIVE. The Gold Star Moms were not as blessed. I am glad I am not one of them.


 Aren't these horses gorgeous?

 This is the new reflective pond ... and there is Jesse saluting during the National Anthem.

 Emma took this picture of Jes and I. We're proud of you, Jesse, for serving our country well. SO THANKFUL you are home.

I pray, Lord, that You would turn our eyes on You to lead us every step of our lives. I pray we would trust You with the little things and with the bigger ones too. Please come soon, Jesus. Our country is hurting and full of hatred and bitterness and so much violence. Our leaders need You to give them hearts that know and honor You above everything else. Me too.

No comments: