Sunday, November 18, 2018

These two ...

Friday, November 16:  Dylan and Kelly had a potluck to attend; they offered to take baby Erin along, but could I come and take care of the boys? Sure! I arrived a little after 6:00. Aidan was already tired and doing his little walking in circles thing ...
 Brendan had in mind to watch the "Christopher Robin" Winnie the Pooh movie that was programmed on their TV set in the basement. So we marched on down there, popcorn in hand, to see the movie. However, we mis-laid the remote somewhere in the process of the movie loading ... while we were trying to find it, Aidan entertained us (naturally) to several of his completely hysterical antics ...
 I've altered many of these pictures, because Aidan was too close to my camera, he had a bunch of yucky stuff around his nose (which I call goobers), and I was laughing too hard to focus.
 Mr. Aidan was feeding his popcorn to his grandma ... by the handfuls. When I protested with outrageous faces, he would crack up. OR if I would gobble the whole handful (including part of his little hand), it would set him into fits of laughter ...
 Meanwhile, we still could NOT locate the remote ... no movie was being watched ... Aidan was getting more tired by the minute, Brendan was talking constantly about the movie we were supposed to be watching ...
 FINALLY! We found the remote! Yes! BUT would it actually activate the desired movie? No way. We fiddled with it awhile longer, but then retreated back upstairs.

By this time, it was well after 8:00--and their bed time is 7:30. So we did the bedtime routine and everyone was nicely tucked away by 8:30. We said our prayers, I read from their prayer book, we hugged, I cuddled with Aidan a tiny bit, and then laid him down and rubbed his adorable head while talking to Brendan about not spilling his entire water bottle all over his bed, gave Brendan a "high-paw", closed their door and ... NOT a sound! I think they fell instantly to sleep. I think all of our laughter wore these boys to a frazzle. I went out in the easy chair in the front room and fell asleep too! 

No comments: