Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The last few days ...

Monday, November 26:  We had our first significant snow today, enough to where schools were closed across Kent County and I cancelled my dear Aidan. The roads were icy, and for the first few hours this morning, it was all I could do to keep myself shoveled out due to the heavy snow fall.
Thankfully, roads were clear the prior weekend. I had driven to Detroit to visit Ruthanne and Terry Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning, driving back in time for second service at Calvary. My sister had hosted a big deal for Thanksgiving herself, so she was understandably super exhausted too. So the two of us were like a couple of lumps, but we did do a little bit of shopping, played a few games, watched a few movies, and just took it slow. I was glad about that. I didn't realize how tired I was until I had zero energy all weekend.
 The snow held off until the wee hours of Monday. It certainly is beautiful, isn't it?
 I love Michigan. I love the change of seasons. Like everyone here in Michigan, though, we all wish there were actually four EQUAL seasons of the year instead of winter weather dominating at least five months instead of the more preferred THREE. Anyway, I wouldn't live anywhere else even if I could!
I missed my little Aidan today, though. He is a bright light, a dear little soul. Hopefully, we won't miss another Monday for a very long time.

No comments: