Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Just in time for the movie

November 21, Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday):  Yesterday, I was checking out movies that were playing and found out that "Christopher Robin" was showing over at the Woodland Mall Celebration Theatre! What I wasn't careful to note was the TIME of the movie. I saw there was a 2:45 showing and assumed that it meant we could see the movie TODAY at 2:45 in the afternoon.

Well ... I was out doing yard work this morning and got talking with a few neighbors and ended up staying outside longer than I had planned. I came inside at about 11:30 just to double check the movie time ... good thing I did ... because the ONLY time it was playing today was at 12:35! YIKES. 

I called Kelly, switched our times, jumped into my car and drove over to pick this cutie up. We made it just in time for the movie. You see, this is the VERY movie Brendan wanted me to see Friday night when I was taking care of he and Aidan--but we never were able to get it to play on their TV (see Friday's post). Brendan was super excited to see this on the big screen. So that's what we did! We got a HUGE bucket of buttery popcorn and ate ever single piece!
 After the movie, we decided to hang around the mall a little bit. Brendan is so fun to go shopping with. He is not a whiny person. He doesn't beg for stuff (at least not from me). He is VERY interested in looking around, checking out various toys, games, books, etc. We spent a very long time in Barnes & Nobles reading various books he would hand to me. One of them was a history of Egypt, very colorful, with lots and lots of cool pictures. I was explaining that one of the pictures was a drawing of Tutankhamun--but then Brendan disagreed and said "No, grandma--that's not Tutankhamun, that's Amenhotep the First!" I squinted my eyes at him as if to say ... how on earth do you know names like that? But Brendan proceeded to give me a whole history of the guy. We looked him up in the book a little bit and went back to the picture. In the meantime, Brendan decided that it wasn't Amenhotep the First, it was Amenhotep the SECOND! Goodness sakes. He kills me.
 Brendan got a bacon, gouda cheese and egg sandwich at Starbucks and this is where these pictures were snapped. We had a nice little chat while he was eating. I had wanted to eat at my favorite fish place, Culvers, but Brendan really really wanted to eat bacon! I told him Paco would be very offended.
 Anyway, we had a nice time together--but we always do. This little person is just nice right down to his toes. He loves to play and pretend and converse ... he is darling through and through.
I love you, Brendan dear!

No comments: