Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"Little Fire"

Monday, November 12:  I took Aidan from Brendan's recitation at Trinitas over to my house. After all, it is MONDAY and that means it's Aidan time! Just look at this little person and TELL me that you wouldn't spend a very happy Monday with him any chance you got! My heart is just bursting with love for this sweet baby.
I had forgotten the meaning of Aidan's name. Kelly reminded me the other day. It means, "Little Fire." Isn't that GREAT?! 
 Aidan is very detailed in his play and he works super hard at it. I'm so glad to see this! I love it when tiny children PLAY their hearts out, don't you? 

 I will say, though ... Aidan is quite an organized little person. He tends to like to see things in a certain place. For instance, when he removes my little wooden boat to play with, he puts it away when he is finished. It's "place" is near his Grandma Julie's lighthouse that she gifted me!
 Aidan is pretty decent at multi-tasking his playtime too! Here, he is holding "puppy" who is wrapped in his night-time blanket while pulling the tool cart behind him ...
 ... all through the house ...
 ... with a lot of determination too! AND, I've noticed that Aidan doesn't get the tool cart "stuck" on the rug. He actually anticipates the rug and angles the cart so that the wheels slide over it. Genius.
 Puppy got hungry in the middle of everything and had to be strapped into his chair for a snack.
 Aidan loves putting puppy in the snack chair.
 I decided to get some trains out for a little while. Aidan loves the lighthouse. I got the Brio boat out for him today too. He super loved that you could push the top button and hear the sound of a fog horn, etc.
 Aidan played a very long time with the trains. Paco joined in on the fun too.
 So did Cocoa ...
 Look at Aidan chillin while playing trains ... isn't he the most darling baby ever?



 Aidan also enjoys my piano. TODAY, he get super into it. It almost looks like he is performing!
 "Not this song, Grandma!"
 "There! That's better! I'll play this one for you!"
 "How do you like my finger technique?"
 "I can cross my hands over too if you would like!"
 "And perhaps I'll sing WHILE I play!"
 "What do you think about that, Grandma?"
Reluctantly, Aidan was returned back to his rightful home at 2:30 ... it's always tough, but I DO manager to return him! "Little Fire" you always FILL ME UP with your warm hugs and tight squeezes. How blessed I am!

No comments: