Friday, November 2, 2018

Knapp Valley Forest Preserve

Thursday morning, November 1:  This is my friend, Robin, and it is her birthday today. I think you have met her before (!) when I did a photo shoot of her family during the holidays. Anyway, Robin invited me to go HIKING with her today and SHE SHOWED ME A BRAND NEW forest!
 ANOTHER FOREST?!?!?! Yes! Twelve minutes from my doorstep is Knapp Valley Forest Preserve. It is TO DIE FOR BEAUTIFUL. So are you, Robin!
 So we hiked it!























 The best thing that happened on our hike was ... little PHIN, Robin's dear pup. He went on the hike with us, but Robin unchained him so that he could run free. And RUN FREE he did! We lost him for the better part of an hour.
Robin kept calling out to him, and one time we saw his little white streak zooming through the forest WAY OFF IN THE DISTANCE, but he would NOT come back. Robin was very stressed. Phin is very precious to her. I'm not a dog person (pardon me), but what is important to Robin is IMPORTANT to me! So I prayed (out loud) and told the Lord how precious Phin is to Robin and that we had lost her dear pup on her birthday and how he would be frightened in the woods all by himself, and PLEASE could we find him? 

The Lord answered our prayer and returned Phin to us! We looked around, just after our prayers, and there he was! We were SO THANKFUL and our hearts were made glad again. Thank you, Lord, for answering this prayer for us--it was very kind of You.

No comments: