Monday, November 16, 2020

November 14/15 with Emma

Saturday/Sunday:  Emma had been scheduled to see a play over at the high school this evening, and it did not look like she was going to come over this weekend. I didn't know this until Thursday, when Emma messaged me ... and immediately, my heart was so sad! Yikes. I always, always tell Emma that she does not need to come over and that whenever she can make other plans, she is certainly free to do that. And I mean it! But when she does ... it's still hard to know I won't be able to spend any meaningful time with her for another week.

As it turned out, though, Emma was driven over to the high school, walked in only to find out that the play had been canceled (due to COVID--what else?) and she would not be able to see it. They were videotaping it to show to ticket holders in the future. So, she messaged me and told me she would come over! YAY! I cannot believe how my heart just lifted up in happiness after that.

Saturday night, we snacked, caught up on the week's events, and then settled down to watch what Emma had chosen this week. We got into our Disney+ station and watched a few episodes of "Once Upon a Time." The episodes we watched Saturday night were a bit DARK and since the entire premise of the show is that it will NOT end "happily ever after" ... it was SAD. Visually, it was well done ... and I admit that the story IS interesting.

Anyway, we went to bed and got up Sunday morning and attended the 11:20 service. I have to say that I TRIED to take notes on the message but it was SO entirely incredible--the tie-in between Daniel 7, Mark 15.62 and Revelation 5 that I put my pencil down and just listened, soaked in the wonder, and was just awed by what was taught about Jesus ... dear Jesus. I was so thankful to share this time with Emma too.

We came home from church, ate a yummy lunch, and then we talked for awhile, did a little straightening up around here, watched another episode of "Once Upon a Time" (which was a little bit happier and not quite as dark), played a game of "Battleship" and "Memory" and just enjoyed the day together. I love these Sundays with Emma so much. She is so precious to me and I love her right down to her toes. Emma stayed and even ate a grilled ham and cheese with me (my favorite sandwich!) and then I took her back to her place at about 7:30. These were very precious hours and I am super thankful for them.
 

No comments: