Monday, November 30, 2020

November 22 Emma designs a card

Sunday:  After church this week (which was an amazing service once again), we ate our lunch, and then we had only one goal in mind for the rest of the day--Emma wanted very badly to design a birthday card for Christopher. His birthday is one week from today!

The picture below is Emma trying to "fix" a paper cutter I had up in my cupboard that I "broke" a few weeks ago. Emma is very mechanical and really good at fixing stuff that I break. We also got out a bunch of card stock that I had to try to find the perfect one for the card Emma would make for Chris.


This is no exaggeration: we worked for nearly three hours on this card! It had to be JUST RIGHT! We looked through old pictures from this blog (!!!) as well as other pictures Emma had on her phone. This is the finished card. We printed it on white card stock, because that was our best option of the paper that I had available.

We loved this picture (above) because it's just so funny and pretty typical of the kiddos at that age. Chris is rolling his eyes at me for taking one more picture, Matthew is using his walking stick (that he picked up in the woods that afternoon) to do a bit of a dance, and Emma is completely confused about why we had stopped once again. She looks exhausted!

This is the inside of the card (above) with Emma's sweet message to her brother--isn't it so precious? Obviously from her heart and sincere. I love that. Below is the back of the card. Emma searched for this Scripture for quite awhile and decided it was the best one for Chris. I have loved this verse for many years because of the comfort it has often brought to my heart. Bowing before Jesus is the only pathway to peace, and He is SO worthy of our worship. I pray that Chris will surrender his life to Jesus, Who has overcome all of the trouble in this world.


We finally had gotten the card all situated, as far as the technical, computer image stuff, and it was time to print it, two-sided from my printer. We messed up three different times before we finally got the card to print how it was supposed to print! It was my fault, because I made a mistake about the pages I told the printer to print, so we kept getting the back and the front of the card printing upside-down where it wasn't supposed to be! 
Emma helped me figure it out. We spent a lot of time laughing and re-printing, and laughing some more. What a dear memory I will always have of this lovely afternoon with my dear, my much-loved Emma. She is so precious to me.


No comments: