Monday, November 9, 2020

November 7 and 8 with Emma

Saturday and Sunday:  I asked Emma if she would like to spend the night Saturday--and since she didn't have other plans, she said she would. I was SO glad. It's been four weeks since Emma has spent the night--mostly because of my surgery and needing absolute rest afterwards.

We watched a few episodes of "West Wing" before going to bed and then we attended the 11:20 service at Calvary. We had a "different" kind of service this morning--mostly of song and praise--all with Revelation chapter four, all eleven verses being the context. It was really wonderful and it was a comfort to me after this tumultuous week post-election. I was reassured and refreshed, reminded once again that GOD IS IN CONTROL, no matter the outcome of any election in any country on this planet. He ALONE is worthy of glory and honor and praise. I'm so thankful that He lives up to the honor of His Name.

After church and lunch, we worked on picking a few photos (for her graduation) from our photo shoot a few weeks ago. Emma decided which pictures she wanted for wallet-sized, which one for the yearbook, and another one to use for her graduation open house invitation. We had a lot of fun looking through all of the pictures together.
Since the sun sets just after 5PM now that we turned our clocks back, we decided to drive out to the big lake and see a pretty sunset for ourselves tonight. It was an amazingly WARM day for November 8. I believe we actually got all the way to 73 degrees!
This is Emma on the north pier (Ferrysburg side) waiting for the colors to go from golden to amber to crimson ...

I'll post my favorite sunset pictures in the next post ...

No comments: