Monday, November 30, 2020

November 27 Emma spends the day

Friday:  We slept in Friday morning--well, Emma slept in because I didn't wake her up--I was up at 7:30 doing my usual stuff very quietly. BUT we did have one goal for our day and that was to put up my Christmas tree. I usually do it all by myself, but it's so much nicer to do it with someone you love--don't you think? Plus, I am not at all "mechanical" and putting lights together with their strings and cords and everything is usually a struggle for me. With Emma, the entire thing was a breeze. I was so thankful.

I decided, kind of spur-of-the-moment, to replace the lights I had been using the last few years. Emma and I went to Lowe's and Meijer's looking for lights that blinked or did something other than just sit there--but they were sold out. Thankfully, Emma got on her phone and tracked down a place where they still had them--but I can't remember now if it was Target or ... where DID we get these lights?!? They are not terribly fancy, but they DO shimmer and some of them blink. They are very pretty and I am glad we got them.
Emma and I strung the lights together and were done in a JIF. And then, while I was heating up turkey leftovers, Emma completely decorated the tree!
We've also been making Origami frame ornaments for the tree ... we got enough made to hang one for each grandchild, but I'm going to make a lot more of them in the coming days.

We had a really nice day Friday and accomplished everything on our list. YAY! Oh, and the best thing was that Emma stayed over another night. She has become a temporary "roomate" ... 


No comments: