Monday, November 30, 2020

November 28 Katie AND Emma!

Saturday:  Since it is a holiday weekend and Emma is off work, she has been ... staying here with me! I invited her because I love to spend time with her, PLUS I certainly didn't want her to be all alone in her "room" over at the other house, since she hasn't yet moved in with Jesse. It's been a very nice few days that we've had. We picked Kaity up at about 3:00 from Jesse. For the next almost-five hours, we played with a ton of stuff over here! It's amazing what Kaity can blow through in so many brief hours.

When Kaity knew that Emma was going to be playing with us today, she was very happy. Right away, she wanted to do a marble run with Emma--both of them building separately, to see which marble run was the highest and the best.


Emma is pretty much a master-builder at whatever she does ... AND she is almost ten years older than Kaity--so you can imagine whose run was higher and better--but I will say that Kaity shows high promise of being an excellent builder herself. She catches on quickly to mechanical things (both Emma and Kaity get this from Jesse) and I can tell she really enjoys building.




I love these pictures of the girls! But Kaity! You simply MUST stop sucking your thumb ...
We moved on to playing school with "Miss Kaitlynn" being the instructor. Liam, Lily, Trinity, and Paco were her students. Emma and I were relegated to a very menial position--we weren't even allowed to be co-teachers or student teachers ... nothing with the word "teacher" attached to it!

Kaity's students did a LOT of math ...
Every year the kiddos really enjoy my velcro nativity/advent calendar. They have never, naturally, put only one figure on for the corresponding day of Advent. They always just take every single piece and make the entire nativity scene all at once. 


THEN, Kaity wondered if we could play with the trains. YAY, I said! Emma was all for it too!

Everyone enjoyed building with the wooden trains. I'm so thankful I have these sets. The fun part about playing with trains is building the layout (at least in my opinion) ... the children like making a different one each time, and it is good for them to learn the spatial contraints of a layout.
Kaity got out the Magna-Tiles and built a train station to go with her trains ... nice job, Kaitlynn!


We also played a very fun game of UNO--I think Emma won, but I can't remember! We also played "Trouble" and ate a decent dinner. We thought we would have Kaity back to Jesse by 7PM, but it was closer to 8PM by the time we drove up his driveway. What a nice 5 hours to have these dear granddaughters play together!

No comments: