Saturday, November 7, 2020

November 4 If we had a penny for every leaf ...

Thursday:   Ruthanne and Terry drove up at 11AM! So good to see them after only two weeks instead of months in between. I had a "short list" of things that kind of needing doing but that I couldn't do myself due to the 10# weight restriction post-surgery. Terry volunteered to vacuum up my leaves with his nifty leaf vacuum. He also said he would shut off my outside water, drain out my hoses, and clean out my gutters--a pretty tall order for one day's work!



Terry got right to work and worked for HOURS. These pictures were taken only after Terry had worked 5-6 hours and then it started getting dark. Ruthanne and I went outside to help speed things along. I used my leaf BLOWER, and Ruthanne helped Terry bag the leaves.
We had FOURTEEN bags full when we were finished!Yay! Great job you guys!
Ruthanne and I stayed inside most of the day, not realizing (truthfully) how DEEP the leaves out back were. You see, it had rained for several days, along with high winds--bringing down every last leaf on every tree around here. The wind managed to blow all 50 million leaves right into my back yard!

In between Terry's work, we did stop for a nice pizza lunch (Jets) and then I had pre-fixed some taco stuff for dinner, along with fruit and fruit dip (which Ruthanne LOVED). We had a very nice time together. Ruthanne and I played a game of Scrabble using nine letters each (nine letters is an alternate to the usual seven)--Ruthanne won by 30+ points. She is very good with words. 

By 7PM they were pulling out of my driveway, headed back to Detroit. It was wonderful of them to have come up for the day and to work so hard while here. I can't thank them enough.

No comments: