Monday, November 23, 2020

November 21 Emma at Muskegon State Park

Saturday Evening:  Kaity-Girl was out of town with her mom for the day, so I made plans to pick Emma up earlier in the day than I normally do. I came by at 3:00 and we headed over to the Big Lake to see, what most likely will be, our last hazard-free-driving sunset on the Lake until spring! The temps were in the low 40's but very low wind. We layered up and had a really nice time.

I decided to drive us to the north side, the other side of the channel, to Muskegon State Park. Emma had never been on the north side of the channel in Muskegon. We arrived just before 4:00 and had time to do a bit of exploring before we got serious about sunset pictures.
Emma was wearing her brand new HUMUNGUS earmuffs, which looked really warm ... and she looks adorable in them.
There is a breakwater here but no smooth, cement (or otherwise) surface to walk on, so we decided we would NOT venture very far on it ... avoiding disaster I'm sure! We really only had maybe 40 minutes of good light. We certainly wouldn't want to be caught WAY out on this breakwater in the dark. Emma found an area on the beach where a lot of shells had washed up--it had been a very stormy (gale-force winds) on Lake Michigan. See? She has her hands FULL of them!



We deposited all of her shells in my camera case and continued our walk back over to the channel where I wanted to take the sunset pictures.

We walked out to the end of the walkway--it goes pretty far--it is mostly smooth except where the sand has blown over the cement. We crossed over a barrier at the end (!!) and stepped out on the rocks.

This was a perfect place for pictures where NO strangers could sneak into the frame and spoil it. Here is Emma. I think these pictures will always bring a huge smile to my face ... even 20 years from now, should I live that long. It was just such a happy time.




Emma found a few rocks that she said made a "comfy" bed ... can you find her below?
I've tried to brighten up these pictures to where you can see Emma better, but when I do that, it takes all the color away from the sunset ... and that's just not going to work for me!



I sent most of these photos to Emma via "Messenger" last night, but I hadn't framed any of them. I figured she would want to do some further editing ...


I have about 40 more sunset pictures to post, but these are the ones with Emma in them. I'll post the others separately.

No comments: