Saturday, November 7, 2020

November 3 Election stuff and more

Wednesday:  Twenty years ago--do you remember the election of 2000? The 36-day wait to see who actually WON the election? It looks like this is going to be a bit of a repeat of that scenario, without the "hanging chads" of course. 

Sigh.

Our country has been DIVIDED for so many years--deeper now than ever before. It isn't a "friendly" divide at all, and it is a bit worrisome. It would be "nice" if people could disagree without throwing "moral" imperatives at everyone who DISagrees. It would also be "nice" if people could just LISTEN to each other instead of refusing to even entertain that there might be a different way to think! OR ... at least ALLOWING differences of opinions and beliefs without all of the vitriol. But we've gone way past that time in history and have been in a new "norm" for many years now. It's becoming a bit disconcerting. As of this moment, the election is rather up in the air and looks like it will remain that way. Both sides are claiming victory. The President's team is bringing law suits that claim illegality in the voting and counting process (with quite a bit of evidence of that). It's down to 4 states: Nevada, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Other states are being contested as well because some were within 1%, so a recount is allowed; others, because voter fraud is suspect. They say it might go all the way to the Supremes--which is also what happened in 2000.

Having said that, I believe with all of my heart that it is GOD, Who is Lord of heaven and earth, who put the breath of life in all of us, Who decides matters, controls history, has a plan that no one can thwart. His Word lets us peek into that plan a little bit, but leaves so much unrevealed. What He does tell us, though, is enough. He is in charge. He is good. He is Absolute in power, might, holiness, goodness, justice, righteousness. No worries with Him. Peace. A sigh of relief. HE IS IN CHARGE.

Meanwhile, back at the Beach House, nothing much has been happening. I am happy to report, though, that each and every day I am getting stronger! Yes!! I am able to eat small portions of completely regulary good. YAY! I am waiting to hear if my kiddos are still quarantining due to exposure to COVID.

I've been continuing to play solitaire Scrabble. I find it relaxing. I play beautiful music which helps me to focus on the Lord, give thanks, praise Him Who alone is worthy of praise, and just quietly wait for "normal" to return to my life.
Ruthanne and Terry are coming tomorrow from Detroit. I'm looking forward to seeing them! I'll try to post a few pictures ...

No comments: