Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November 2 All Clear!

Monday:  I had my post-op appointment with Dr. Onesti this morning. The pathology report came back completely negative for cancer! YAY!

Interestingly, the tumor was NOT a GIST (gastrointestingal scoma cell tumor). On the Pathology Report, it is listed as a "Schwannoma" tumor. Dr. Onesti said this kind of tumor is even more rare than a GIST and forms in the nerves instead of the muscle! Amazing. 

I gave Dr. Onesti a good report regarding my recovery. I have maintained my weight and am gaining strength. She gave me the go-ahead to begin eating REAL food. I felt like throwing a party. She told me to take it very slowly and to continue the 10# weight lifting restriction for another four weeks or so.

I'm so thankful, and bursting with happiness!



No comments: