Monday, November 30, 2020

November 26 With a thankful heart ...

Thursday, Thanksgiving Day:  I divided today between my two families with children. Since Kelly is more of a red-meat person, she cooked a fabulous roast beef dinner (with a little help from Costco) and veggies and pie, etc. I brought my already-made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy for anybody who wanted a more traditional feel to the holiday meal. Shane was over at Dylan and Kelly's too, and I was very glad to see him. I didn't really take many pictures while I was with all of them. It was too busy with getting the food together on the table and eating and taking care of the children--but it was a good few hours.

I snapped this sequence of Erin and Aidan playing "Ana and Elsa" dancing with their blankets ... these two crack me up!








Baby Callaghan slept through the entire time I was there, so I missed out on seeing him. Brendan was with me part of the time, too, but I didn't have my camera in hand when he was. I left them at about 2:15 to go and pick Emma up and go over to Jesse's place for ... another dinner!

Jesse is now in his house, right next door to his best friend, Scott. They are still working on renovating the place, making a two-bedroom into a three-bedroom house. When the 3rd bedroom is finished, Emma will move in with her dad. We are hoping that will happen prior to Christmas.

Jesse cooked his very first turkey dinner and it was very yummy. We had enough good food for everyone and enjoyed spending time with Jesse. I was so full of turkey by 5:00 that I ended up falling asleep while sitting in Jesse's office chair ... I could NOT stay awake.

I invited Emma to spend the night instead of taking her back to her place and she accepted! YAY. So Emma and I left at about 7:00 and came here ... we didn't really DO much Thursday night except to watch a few episodes of "Once Upon a Time" but it was so nice to have Emma here ...
 

No comments: