Monday, November 30, 2020

November 29 It's Christopher's birthday!

Sunday:  After church this morning, Emma and I decided to go and find a "topper" for my tree. It has needed one for a very long time. It took us awhile, but we finally found this dear angel-girl! Emma attached it to the tree for me--doesn't she look pretty there?



 Yesterday morning, I had worked nearly three hours on designing a birthday card for Christopher's 17th birthday. I have a lot of photos of Chris when he was young ... but extremely few since about age 15. So I had to work with what I had. This is what his card kind of looked like:

Inside of card:

The back of the card is a drawing Christopher did TEN years ago! Isn't it the BEST?!?!?
Emma had arranged with Christopher and family a good time for us to drive over to deliver our cards and gifts. We went over at about 6:30 in the evening. We met Chris's girlfriend, Ella. She is a sophomore over at Sparta High. Matthew visited with us for awhile. Kaity came home with Diana about five minutes after we arrived. We ate some birthday cake and talked for awhile to everyone. Emma and I had prayed before going over that the Lord would help us do and say only what He would want us to do or say. The Lord was very kind to us and answered the cry of our hearts. 

Four days have gone by with Emma here with me. I finally took her to where she lives last night. I tried to tell her how much it meant to have her be here these days. She sure brought a lot of JOY into my days here. I hope her heart was happy to be here too.

No comments: