Friday, November 20, 2020

November 19 with KT

Thursday:  I picked Kaity up from Jesse at 3:00 today. She is doing virtual school for the next few weeks due to an outbreak of COVID (so it is said) and was finished with her class mid-afternoon. I'm never exactly sure how high-strung Kaity will be on any given day, but I was really hoping she would be more low-key today ... I think I even asked God for a little help with this! 

Kaity saw that I had been playing Scrabble (I play against myself in two columns--it's pathetic, but I really enjoy making words). So Kaity made up her own game using the letters. She decided we would pick out 7 letters and try to make a word of something in my house. For example, Kaity made the word "PIG" and then went all over my house gathering every single stuffed or toy pig she could find. She brought them all out to the table to be counted. Kaity was very creative with this little game. I was fine with it because it kept Kaity somewhat calm and interested PLUS she was playing with letters and forming words.

Thankfully after our word game, Kaity was also very content to have a tea party with several choice guests. Kaity helped to set it all up and chose the snacks everyone would share and enjoy together.

Lily and Paco are always seated next to each other since they don't get to see each other every day ...
Trinity is Kaity's most recent doll. She is a "Glitter Girl" (14"). Kaity is really enjoying her and has a lot of accessories for her. In the foreground is baby Liam--I love his hair! He looks exactly like a very young version of Christopher!
Here is everyone enjoying their snacks.



Our snack time lasted for quite awhile! 

Matey joined in and ate a LOT of my banana ... in fact, he ate TOO much of my banana with some rather unpleasant digestive consequences. Hmmm.




 

No comments: