Sunday, July 8, 2018

100x better than Disney ...

Saturday, July 7:  I took 173 pictures out at Deer Tracks Junction with my girls yesterday. I had a lot of trouble (!!!) narrowing down which ones to post ... so I basically posted almost ALL of them! I couldn't help myself.
Here are the girls inside the little house that has the bunnies and budgies ... Emma is SO wonderful with the animals. They all come to her because she is NOT afraid of them and she handles herself with such confidence. I love to watch her ... and by the way ... isn't Emma so lovely?
Kaity was completely delighted in the bunnies. Look at her sweet smile!


You are so precious, Katy!
Aren't these great of Emma?

Kaity wasn't quite as sure about the budgies ... but I could tell she was having a lot of fun trying to get used to them.


It's difficult for me to pick my favorite picture of Emma ... so I just posted all of them ...







At Deer Tracks, there are a few options you can choose. For the "Hands-On Farm" it is $7 for the entire day! For another $3 you can add the other side of the park which has most of the deer. But the deer are behind fences for the most part and you can't really pet them very well. There is also a "Safari ride" (but it isn't called that) and it is a BIG bus-like vehicle that is pulled by a tractor, and it goes back into the woods and back acres of this property where you can see reindeer and other wild animals. We've never done that part of Deer Tracks because it is a little out of my budget.
Anyway, our $7/each was/is quite a good deal. Watch the fun these girls had with the animals ...





The other GREAT part about this place is the many and varied "playgrounds" available. There is climbing, tunnels, slides, little covered pavilions with trucks and sand and diggers ...

Look at Kaity cauht in the .... SPIDER WEB!!! Yikes!


Gah! Kaitlynn ... that beautiful smile sweetheart!
There are great things to climb and real John Deere equipment that you can actually access and pretend YOU are the farmer ...

The baby pigs are GREAT ... look at how darling they are!!!


Don't you think $7 is a total steal? 






The other very positive thing ... the owners keep this place SO CLEAN ... and these beautiful planters and flowers are everywhere ... I love it here. I think it is so much like heaven will be ...

No comments: