Sunday, July 29, 2018

Yacht Club Boy ...

Thursday, July 26:  I was asked to pick up this little fellow over at the GR Yacht Club Thursday afternoon ... he was at his second day of "Sailing Camp" and this is not far from where I work! Brendan was very excited to show me the boats and tell me all about how he is learning to sail.
The sweetest thing though: Brendan kept referring to the yacht club as the "yackie" club. He would NOT be corrected about it either ...
Being raised around REAL boats most of my life, these are by no means YACHTS. However, if you live in E. Grand Rapids and Reeds Lake is your only lake ... I guess these will have to do!
See these cute boats in the background? Well, the seven-year-olds who have gone through sailing camp, can actually take this out SOLO! No way!! Yes way!!! Brendan, however, is SIX.
See Brendan's T-shirt? Three sails on the back!
The sky sure was beautiful--I just love those clouds. 
Brendan and I walked the floating dock ...


We walked the entire yacht club twice, with Brendan giving me a detailed commentary on everything he has learned about boats. THEN we drove over to my house and ate dinner and played there for awhile before driving him home.
Aidan is always waiting for us, beaming with joy. We played with Aidan for quite awhile. He is a little doll baby. I love him so much.
Aidan was very pleased to give little pats to his sister. He seems very pleased with her.



No comments: