Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A full Monday!

Monday, July 30:  I picked the boys up at their house this morning at 7:30 AM! How's that for the first day of my LESS-tirement? I know you do not believe me, but I was HAPPY to do it--truly!
We came over to my house to play for the morning. Sometimes when Aidan is a little fussy, I plop him in his own little chair and give him stuff to do--which at least keeps him occupied until I can find some food for him that he is NOT allergic to and thereby feed his little tummy. Aidan is very playful and mechanical. He enjoyed this colorful chain for a long time while I was fixing him something to eat. 
 Brendan put together a few puzzles ... very sweetly too.
Aidan was walking by my tiny potbelly stove and ... stopped ... and went in for a closer look. He wanted to hear the music box, so I wound it up for him. He wanted to wind it too, so he did.
 Aidan actually took a NAP in my cozy bedroom on my soft, round, couch/chair. He slept for an entire hour ...

... so while Aidan was sleeping, Brendan made a water park for my PlayMobile camper people. We even had real water that they splashed in! It was very fun. Brendan was super pleased. Do you see the cardboard "box" on the near side of the playground? That was the hotel--"just like at the Great Wolf Lodge, Grandma!"
Aidan woke up and ate some apples and then some gluten-free pasta ...

... and then we drove over to the playground at Kaity's school (without Kaity-kins!).  It was perfect weather--not too hot--no rain ... so we played there for about an hour.


 This really is the nicest playground ...

Brendan enjoyed exploring everything here. Aidan too ... he is SO little though!





Look at Aidan copying everything Brendan was doing! 



AIDAN PAUL! You are the cutest little love of a baby!
The boys and I were invited to meet Dylan and Kelly downtown at SLOW'S for some bar-b-que dinner. YUM. They were treating me to celebrate my less-tirement.
 Baby Erin was there, soundly sleeping for most of the time ... until the food came and then Kelly "wore" her in a little snuggly vest, which Erin seemed to appreciate.
 Aidan and his beautiful mama ...
 Brendan drew a picture of our waterpark model so that he could show Kelly what it looked like.
Our meal was very delicious. It was fun to be with the kids and their parents ... so thankful for them.

No comments: