Friday, July 13, 2018

Never more loved ...

Friday, July 13:  This is my angel grand-baby, Aidan Paul. He is now sixteen months. Truly, he is the most affectionate child I have ever met in all my life. Without restraint, he demonstrates his love for me every time I am with him.


I do not deserve this little child's love. It is a complete gift. I have regularly been asking the Lord to show me and help me to understand HIS love for me, as a Father (provider, protector, comforter, NOT abuser) and for some reason, He has chosen to reveal His love to me through this tiny person.

Aidan likes to be chased; more than that, Aidan likes to be CAUGHT! He loves me to come up behind him and pretend I am after him--"I WILL GET YOU!" I will say. He will break out with the dearest giggle and RUN lickety split away, and the closer I come to catching him, the louder he laughs! He will also imitate my "tickle bug" with his dimpled fingers on my kitchen table, acting like he is going to "get me!" I love him so much.

Aidan runs TO me, throws his arms around me, pats me on my back, jokes with me, plays with me, delights in me ... WHY? I haven't the slightest idea! Truly! But for some reason of his own, he has set his little heart on me and I am brought to tears when I remember his hugs, his laughter, his facial expressions of delight in me. Can this be how Jesus loves me? Because, you see, when I get a hug from Aidan (which is deliberate and long and almost fierce), it's like I have been hugged by Jesus Himself. I used to tell Aidan's mom that when she would hug me, it was like getting a hug from Jesus. NOW I have TWO people in my life that can HUG like Jesus. Wow. I am so blessed. I am so loved. 

"See how very much our heavenly Father loves us,
for he allows us to be called His children--and we really are!"
I JN 3:1

No comments: