Saturday, July 21, 2018

This beach boy

Wednesday, July 18:  Is it possible that baby Erin is one month old today ?? and I have ZERO pictures to show you? Yikes. Well, I will make up for that soon I hope!

I had to switch my standing date with Brendan from Thursday to Wednesday this week due to an appointment. I decided that this beautiful weather was being wasted by us in Grand Rapids and that it was high time to drive out to the beach ...
 Brendan was 100% for it!
 Just a few days ago, it was in the mid-90's in W. Michigan and the lake temps were in the low 70's. However, a "front" came through from the northwest (I think) and brought COLD with it ... the lake was in the low (LOW LOW LOW) 50's when we were here! I did not get in past my toes!
 And Brendan, who is usually in up to his neck was actually hindered and stayed near shore the entire time (Whew!) ...
 But he did enjoy the water nonetheless ...
 We did not do much swimming (I did NONE), but we did do a lot of digging ...

 Brendan loves to dig in the sand ... me too!

 After getting most of the sand off our bodies, we drove down to the marina and got some food ... Brendan ordered a Pier Pup and fries, I got nachos.

 THEN ... we took a little walk and admired the boats ... we saw one with the name "GONZO" which cracked us up!

 THEN, we drove closer to the lighthouse and we walked out as far as we were allowed ...
 ... to see our dear lighthouse, all renovated, re-painted, and its pier resurfaced (minus its dear catwalk) ...
 We saw many sailboats along the way--aren't they beautiful?
Brendan enjoyed himself hugely out here!
 My dear lighthouse ...
 This was the furthest point we could walk (due to a fence and "No trespassing" signs). They are still working on this part of the pier ...
 Mmm ... what a beautiful evening it was!



 After our nice long walk, we went BACK to "Nautical Knots" and ordered some ice cream. Brendan was intent upon the concoction with the gummy worms hanging over the side ... so we ordered a medium with two spoons and shared it ...

Love you, dear beach boy!

No comments: