Tuesday, July 3, 2018

An unsolicited first kiss ...

Yesterday the boys and I were playing in my toy room at the Beach House. Aidan had been coming and going in and out of the playroom and then walking down the hall to retrieve cars and other toys to bring back to me. Every time he re-entered the room, he would sit on my lap for a little bit and cuddle way in. Sometimes he would pat my back. Sometimes he would grab my boat charm and suck on it. But he would always physically connect with me one way or the other.

During one of his trips out of the playroom, Aidan stopped and turned around to come back to me like he had forgotten something! He toddled over to me on those darling dimpled legs of his (!!), leaned way in, puckered up his little face and deliberately gave me THE SOFTEST and THE SWEETEST kiss I have ever received. I was so surprised by it that I think my heart skipped a beat. 

I can remember a number of first kisses ... they were not always what I was anticipating ... sometimes they were very UNwanted and UNcomfortable; but other times they were longed for and dearly remembered. This precious kiss filled me up, head to toe, with love ... such a treasured memory it will always be!

No comments: