Sunday, July 15, 2018

Saturday stuff ...

Saturday, July 14:  Emma and Kaity came over to spend a few hours yesterday. It was a pretty hot and humid day and as I drove to pick up the girls, it was sprinkling a little bit as well. I was scratching my head wondering what we would DO together if we had to be stuck INSIDE ...
Kaity usually has 100 ideas of what she wants to do with me, so I showed her my "new" Memory Game that has the dinosaur party cards. She was pretty enchanted with the images of the dinosaurs, so we played a round. Kaity won (surprise, surprise). She has a good memory! 

It's very fun to play games with Kaity. She is super happy to WIN any game (and she usually does), but she doesn't throw a fit when she loses (which is rare anyway ... the losing part). 
Kaity and I also played with our stuffed animals. Here she is meeting "Mrs. Paco" ... we have to think of a better name for her! 

 We took ALL of my stuffed animals back to the playroom and put them in their families together. We found a few of my tiny magnetic animals to be babies to the stuffed animals who did not have anyone else in their families (i.e. my stuffed frog) !! and we played with them for awhile.


 We got out my alphabet mat puzzle and put that all together and built the fire truck too. Kaity really loves puzzles.
 Emma gave us a choice of THREE games we could play:  Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly or WAR. Kaity voted we play Monopoly, so we did! Right here on my living room floor with fans (3 of them) keeping us cool. It was very fun to play this game with Emma and Kaity! Emma was so kind to Kaity throughout. I love it when these girls play well together--there is a super LARGE age gap, so it is difficult to find something that both Emma and Kaity can enjoy together. But Emma tries really hard, and Kaity just adores her big sister, so there are times when it works out very well. No pictures were taken of Emma today, because she does not prefer a camera snapping at her all the time. Kaity will get to that stage soon enough I suspect ...
 Kaity was keen on going to the playground to end our time together, so we dropped Emma off at home and Kaity and I went on to the park.
 Kaity LOVES playgrounds and always has. She is a real monkey when it comes to climbing and maneuvering around bars and playground equipment.



 Kaity has become very chummy lately. I love to be with her. She is a sweetheart and loves me dearly. How special is that? 


 This dear girl is SO happy when she can climb and play like this.

 And look how strong she is!





 Love you so much, Kaitlynn. You are such a gift to me.



No comments: