Friday, July 13, 2018

Date Night Request

Thursday, July 12:  Brendan and I have had a standing "date" every Thursday after work for as long as I can remember. When I came to pick him up, I asked him WHERE he would like to go on our date--Brendan smiled and said, "Deer Tracks Junction!!!"
So, naturally, we went! My third time in less than one week ... I know! A bit extravagant ... but hear me out--IF I took myself or any one of my grandkiddos to Disney World, it would be $80 per person for just ONE day just to get in the park! The $7 per person per day here at this idyllic place is so much more within my realm! :) We got a container of carrots and set out on our adventure ...
The goats were VERY enthusiastic about our carrots ...
 We walked up main street and headed towards to pig area ... oh my word--the piglets had grown SO much in just THREE days!!! Brendan was SO taken with them. His happiness is very contagious ...
 These gorgeous flowers are abundant out here, hanging from every building ... so dainty and exquisite. God is really on display at Deer Tracks ... not just in the animals.
 Brendan invited me to go on a tunnel/secret passageway excursion with him. Yikes. I got "stuck" inside one of the tunnels and had to back my way out. I did not venture back in! I am too old and not very agile any more to squeeze my body in and out of these mazes. That's OK. Brendan had his little flashlight and we still had fun.
 The goal, of course, is to see HOW HIGH you can climb! LOOK HOW HIGH!
 We spent a little bit of time with our camel friends: Carmen and April ...
 They are so gentle and beautiful. I'm glad Brendan can interact with them and delight in them so much.



The reindeer ... 
 Brendan zoomed down this slide ....
 Look at his sweet smile!
 The person who designed this place is a former builder (at least that is what I am told) and his name is Kelly. He is a genius.
 Look at April and Carmen--aren't they so lovely?
 The picture below is from the wagon tour, which runs about an hour, and goes way out into the acreage behind the farm. It's a little pricey, so we haven't done it yet. We've been very content with our $7 hands-on farm.

We were standing on the OTHER side of this fenced-in area; so when the wagon loaded up the people and took off, Brendan and I coaxed the reindeer to come to OUR side. We thought we'd share our carrots with them! And do you know something? They were NOT ONE BIT interested! They would sniff them and turn away! I told Brendan maybe reindeer are NOT vegetarians! But Brendan thought perhaps the reindeer were too full from being fed by the other people. Perhaps they had those big pellets to feed them and maybe they ate too much! 
The slides ... Brendan's expressions are NOT of happiness. After one of them, he rubbed his bottom for quite awhile! Ouch!
 We went "outside" and played for awhile too. There is a beautiful playground/fort at the entrance to the "lodge" where kids can play at no charge whatsoever. These darling donkeys have a pen out there. They are VERY vocal. Thankfully, we had a few leftover carrots to share with these guys.

 I climbed (there were stairs) to the top of the fort to take this picture over the fence of the "Hands-On Farm". 
 More climbing pictures of Brendan ...
 From way up at the top, you can see quite a distance. I love LOVE LOVE heights.
Brendan played in the free front playground for quite awhile. There are tunnels there too! 


 More pictures from up on top of the fort ...
 Brendan at the top of the fort ...
 The Alpacas ...

 PURE JOY ... that's what YOU are, Brendan. SO. MUCH. JOY in one sweet boy. Mmmm. Love you so much!

We went back inside the "lodge" to pick out a "wife" for Paco. Brendan thought the pig family was lacking since there was no mama. We picked out "Mrs. Paco" and brought her out to the car to meet her "husband." Pace was very pleased. 
I will cherish these memories with you, Brendan, for always..

No comments: