Sunday, July 1, 2018

Such a GIFT ... swim time in a beautiful pool

Saturday, late afternoon/early evening:  This morning, while I was driving over to pick Brendan up for the model railroad open house, I got a call from my friend Karen. She is the nicest person on this planet (seriously), and she invited me and how-many-ever grandkiddos to use her pool today! You see, the heat and humidity are quite high (heat indexes of 100+). She told me she was not going to be home, but we could make ourselves at HOME at her house and be refreshed by her pool.

 So, I decided to DO that very thing. Emma had more graduation parties to go to this afternoon, so I picked up THREE grandkiddos and then drove over and picked up Brendan too!

 These guys (and me too) had SO MUCH FUN.
 We swam and played for almost three hours ... Brendan showed us some of his good swim moves from his swimming lessons. Here he was demonstrating "treading" water. "Move your arms like you are spreading peanut-butter!" 

 I love these guys so much ... I love to see them happy ... I love to see them outside doing healthy stuff, away from technology !!!
 These "boats" were great fun. We unfortunately must have been too rough with one of them and it was destroyed (seriously). So we left $$ to compensate, and I hope to find out if I have adequately compensated Karen for wrecking her boat! It was completely unintentional.


 Kaity was SO delighted to be in the water.






After we were finished swimming, we went to McD's and had ice-cream cones. Yummy. So thankful for these hours with these dear children.




No comments: