Sunday, July 21, 2019

A very special Friday

Friday, July 19:  I was very excited to take Brendan to Versluis Park today. It was SO sticky-hot. The water was very refreshing, and Brendan enjoyed this place as much as I thought he would.
 Here he is walking up "the slippery walk" on the "submerged dock."  Brendan thought this was such great fun. 
 We spent the bulk of our time going down the slippery path, back to the submerged dock and around the railings to do it all over again. 
 It was a very relaxing two hours. I love being with this little child so much. He takes delight in the small things and isn't at all difficult to "entertain."



 We checked out the two playgrounds after we had finished our swim time. Brendan really enjoys playgrounds. I have to get Brendan and Kaity together here ... soon!


 See this picture (below)? I'm so used to Brendan wearing glasses, that his face doesn't look quite himself without them now! I love this picture of you, Brendan. You have such a beautiful smile.
 It was a beautiful day to be here at the park. The heat index was at 99 degrees!


7:00 in the evening:  "Stuart Little" @ Master Arts Theatre! I was given two free tickets to see this play tonight. I had never been to Master Arts Theatre before for anything. This play was performed by students, all of them seniors in high school this year, after a two-week camp. They did all of the props themselves, staging, etc. It was very fun.
 We had FRONT ROW seats! The students did a very nice job acting out the story. The girl who played Stuart Little was exceptional, I thought. A natural.

 During intermission, Brendan and I went downstairs to the concessions and bought some Skittles.

 We took a few "selfies" just for the fun of it.

 Brendan's wolf necklace photo-bombed the last picture ... but that's okay. It's actually my favorite. This was kind of a special day because usually, I do not have any grandchildren on Fridays ... and also, I don't usually get to go to a live play! So it was doubly special for those reasons!

No comments: